checkout

Male nude hang-gliding

June 1, 2010

Posted by Anne

One member of the ATI team was slightly grossed-out by the idea of male nude hang-gliding.

But I think that the horror of the imagined image of male nude hang-gliders soaring over the park, juxtaposed with the sweetness of the actual image of these two demure young ladies, is exactly what makes Kathleen Newsom’s winning submission so delightful. That and her completely plausible explanation for why these gals are focused so intently and happily on something we can’t see just beyond the upper edge of the image. Thank you, Kathleen!!!

you're right! male nude hang-gliding is a great spectator sport!

I think you’ll also enjoy Lisa Pere’s take on the subject: ah, spring! when the art school moves the figure-drawing classes outdoors!
Jennifer Gill had an altogether different, and very amusing, idea of what might be making these young ladies smile. faced with economic hard times, taking ecstacy did make their staycation somewhat more interesting

Thank you, Kathleen, Lisa, and Jennifer for making me laugh! And thank you to all who submitted captions for our May image. I can hardly wait to read your caption submissions for our June image!

6 Responses to “Male nude hang-gliding”

1. Sherry on June 2nd, 2010 5:30 pm

When I read the winning captions I always say..”why didn’t I think of that.” Kathleen your caption is hysterical!!

2. Katie Wozniak on June 3rd, 2010 2:47 pm

Anne,
    I just LOVE LOVE LOVE your products. Thank you so much for making them. In my little world of corporate BS and feeling trapped…your products are like “SOMEONE GETS IT!!!” They are like an escape for me, except that instead of being domestically trapped, I’m trapped in the corporate world.
    Are there any vintage images of corporate women out there?
    That would be a great addition to your already fabulous lines…
    thanks sooo much XOXO
    Katie

3. Kathleen N on June 4th, 2010 8:45 pm

Thank you, Sherry. I appreciate the compliment. I’m honored to have my entry chosen. Anne is a wonderful artist and she described exactly what I tried to accomplish. I was lucky to find the right alternate image with the actual image. I’ve entered other caption contests and other entries have been wonderful. We all seem to share Anne’s vision of being the real woman behind the projected image.

4. Jim Limbach on June 8th, 2010 3:16 pm

Where were these lovely ladies when I was nude hang-gliding???

5. Kim on June 20th, 2010 4:35 pm

I read about your real “Taintorettes,” the women from the advertisements. And also about your employee whose grandmother is now a Taintorette.

Just wondering if you might consider a contest to find more potential taintorettes based on old school picutures. My mom looked like one back in the day and has some great “Taintoresque” expressions. I’m not asking for money. Just offering old pictures.

Thanks,
    Kim

6. Liesl on July 4th, 2010 12:38 pm

The woman on the right REALLY looks like Grace Kelly — is it? Love all your products!

Anne Taintor